PR Card Renewal
In Canada the permanent residents have a permanent residence card or PR card. PR card is use to return to Canada through different commercial transportation like bus, train or boat. Without this card the resident will not be able to board. The PR card needs to be valid so if your card gets expire one can apply for its renewal.
Who Can Apply?
If your permanent resident card (PR card) is expired or will expire in less than 9 months, or is stolen destroyed then you can apply for card renewal. The new card will have a new expiration date. Most new PR cards have validation of 5 years.To be eligible for a PR card, you needs to be a permanent residence of Canada.
How to Apply?
There will be an application package with instructions and all the forms to be filled.
Include with your application:
- To renew your card, keep your current card and include a photocopy of it with your application.
- Clear copy of the passport or travel document you held at the time you became a permanent resident
- Two photos that meet our photo specifications
- A copy of the receipt for the processing fee, and
- A declaration if your PR card was lost, stolen, destroyed or you didn’t receive it within 180 days of immigrating to Canada.
After following these steps pay application fee though online mode and submit the application form.