Employer-Specific Work Permit
An Employer-specific work permit allows foreign nationals to work according to the conditions or limitations on the work permit. It limits a foreign national to one employer and is only authorized to work for one employer, in one position, in Canada.
Visitors can apply through Employer specific work permit online from inside Canada due to COVID 19.
The basic steps to apply for a work permit under this category are :
- 1. You must be present in Canada while applying for this category.
- 2. Apply for this visa between August 24, 2020 to February 28, 2023 otherwise your submission is not considered.
- 3. You must be a visitor for a valid work permit. If your work permit has expired you have to restore your visitor status.
In order to be granted an interim authorization to work the visitor must meet following conditions:
- The applicant must be a valid temporary resident and present in Canada while applying under this policy.
- The applicant must had a valid work permit in the past 12 months to begin working for their new employer before their work permit application has been fully approved.
- The applicant must be intend to work for the employer and occupation specified by the LMIA or LMIA-exempt offer of employment.
- The applicant must applied using the IRCC Web Form to IRCC for interim authorization for working under the public policy.
- The applicant have Requested that the authorization to work be applicable until the time that a decision is reached on their work permit application.
All applications of work permit that are submitted from within Canada must be submitted online upto February 28, 2023 .