How to Immigrate from India to Canada as a Skilled Worker: India has been an important source country of immigrants from India to Canada from a long time.
If immigration patterns return to normal following flight suspensions and other COVID-19 travel restrictions, over 100,000 new permanent residents from India per year would be expected in Canada.
As Trump continues to restrict the number of employment-based immigrant visas , many Indian are choosing to trade their jobs in the U.S to immigrate permanently to Canada.
Immigrate from India to Canada
Direct flights from India have reopened since September 27, 2021. The government has updated its conditions for COVID at the port of entry.
Latest government guidelines before your departure. As of July 5, 2021, completely vaccinated passengers may qualify for some relief to quarantine and testing by meeting the following criteria:
- Eligible to enter Canada
- Meet Government of Canada conditions for completely vaccinated passengers
- Meet all entry conditions, including entering your information in ArriveCAN before arriving
Programs to Immigrate from India to Canada
Several different programs available to gain permanent residency for immigrants from India in Canada.
Here are easiest ways for immigrants from India to Canada to obtain Canadian permanent residence:
Express Entry is an application management system for skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently.
In 2019, 46.5% of all invitations through Express Entry were issued to Indian citizen.
Following are the requirements for gaining permanent residence through Express Entry includes:
- Eligibility : Candidates must meet minimum requirements including skilled work experience, language ability, and educational requirements.
- Documents: Documents including your passport, a written job offer, proof of funds, and language test results to prove proficiency in English or other language.
- Submit Profile: After submission of your information , then to a group of candidates you’ll be added. Candidates get rate using a points-based system on the basis of skills, educations, language ability and other factors by Express Entry
- Invitation: Candidates with the highest scores will receive an invitation to apply for permanent residency. You will have 60 days to submit the application.
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs)
Each of Canada’s thirteen provinces and territories operates its own immigration programs, called Provincial Nominee Programs, or PNPs.
As the provinces have different populations and economies, they have unique immigration programs which are built to fit their economic and demographic needs.
How you apply for PNP will depend on your area of interest. Some streams require a paper-based application while others use an virtual process through Express Entry.
Quebec Skilled Worker (QSW)
The Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSW) is an immigration program operated by the province of Quebec for applicants who have skilled work experience and will be able to make remarkable contributions to Quebec’s economy as members of the workforce.
Candidates are ranked using a points system and next certain candidates get invitation , similar to the Express Entry,
There are other options also available including family sponsorship streams available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents who want to bring their family immigrants from India to Canada.
Work Permits / Intra-Company Transfers
Certain Indian citizen may be eligible for a Canadian work permission. For work permission , Firstly a job offer will be required. However, one significant exception to this is for intra-company transfers.
Still, you may be eligible to be transferred to an office in Canada, without too many busywork, If your employer is part of a multinational corporation with offices in Canada.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking for a licensed ICCRC Immigration consultant to handle and represent your application.
We hope you like our article on the How to Immigrate from India to Canada as a Skilled Worker. In case you have any queries related to the immigration process to Canada, please feel free to contact us. Our best immigration lawyers in Canada will assess your profile and give you the best suitable options.