The express entry is the immigration program that is electronically designed by the Canadian government. This system basically uses an online system for the management of the application form that is sent by the applicants for the permanent residence of skilled workers in Canada.
Express Entry Program
In the express entry, people have to submit the profiles of their skills, education, and employment history to gain points through a specific calculator designed by the government to the website of the government of Canada. Depending on the types of skills that an applicant has, they are ranked on the basis of various factors and get points. Moreover, the profiles which get the most points are then invited to apply for Canadian permanent residence. The profile is selected on many bases to contribute to the economy of Canada, so basically, four programs are designed under the express entry program. The Vlink provides you best immigration lawyer in Edmonton.
Federal Skilled Worker Program | Express Entry
For an applicant to be eligible for this program under the express entry, he has to meet some requirements.
Skilled work experience means that the applicant should have worked in one of this National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups:
- The Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
- The Professional jobs (skill level A), and
- The technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B)
The applicant’s skilled work experience must be in the same type of job that is it should have the same NOC as the job you want to use for your immigration application called your primary occupation and also has at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30hrs / week). volunteer work or unpaid internships are not counted.
Moreover, it is important for an applicant to take their language test in English or French for reading writing or listening. The Language tests are valid till two years after the date of the test result.
Federal Skilled Trade Program
There are minimum requirements for the applicant to be eligible for this program. Also, the Skilled trades for the Federal Skilled Trades Program are organized under these groups of the National Occupational Classification (NOC):
- Major Group 72, industrial, electrical, and construction trade
- Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades
- The Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture, and related production
- Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing, and utility supervisors and central control operators
- Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks
- Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers
The work experience only counts after the applicant is qualified to independently practice the occupation and there is no educational requirement for this program. The language ability for this program is the same federal skilled worker program.
Canadian Experience Class
- For this program, the applicant must meet the required language levels needed for the job such as reading, writing, listening, and speaking. The applicant has gained work experience by working in Canada while under temporary resident status with authorization to work. The person is not eligible for this program if He is a refugee claimant in Canada
- He is working without authorization
- Applicant's work experience was gained without temporary resident status in Canada.
According to National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience is meant by:
- The managerial jobs (skill level 0)
- The professional jobs (skill type A), and
- The technical jobs and the skilled trades (skill type B)
However, the applicant’s work experience can be in one or more skill level 0, skill level A or skill level B jobs. And also, there are no such educational requirements for the Canadian experience class.
Provisional Nominee Program
The workers who have work experience, education qualification of provisional place to contribute to its economic development. Moreover, recently Canada invites 671 candidates through this program. IRCC (immigration, refugees, and citizenship Canada) is responsible for ensuring that all the nominees must meet various requirements of medical, criminal, and security checks. They tend to fall in five areas:
- The skilled workers
- The semi-skilled workers
- The business/investors
- The international student graduates, and
- The community supported
So, depending on the information and skills there may also be the chance that the applicant is eligible for more than one program. So in that case the applicant will be invited to select one of the programs based on the following order:
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC),
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), then
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP).
The applicant cannot choose the program for which he is invited to apply for. The system will sort all the profiles based on the information entered. And if the applicant declines the invitation, the system will not invite the applicant again under the next program. The applicant will go back to the pool, and if they invite you again, the same order will be applied.
Vlink immigration has one of the best immigration lawyers in Canada.
Contact email@example.com if you are looking for a licensed ICCRC Immigration consultant to handle and represent your application.
We hope you liked our article on the Express entry. If you have any queries then you can ask us by commenting below.