Spouse Visa Document Requirements for Canada Immigration 2022: Students migrating to Canada for higher studies have the opportunity to sponsor their spouses. If the spouse gets the visa, he or she will be able to live or work in Canada. However, certain rules and regulations are set that the candidates need to follow. So, this post will be covering all the requirements for sponsoring your spouse along with the procedure of applying for the spouse visa.
Spouse Visa Document Requirements
To sponsor your spouse from India one must fulfill the following basic requirements:
- You must be 18 years of age or more.
- You have a valid study permit.
- You must have a marriage certificate.
- The person who is sponsoring must be enrolled in the course at the time of applying for spouse visa
Documents Requirements for Spouse Visa
The following are the documents that will be from the person in Canada:
- Passport with Visa Stamp
- Study Permit & Visa Sticker
- GIC Certificate
- Bank Statement (Last three months & Debit & Credit)
- Bank Balance Certificate
- Job Letter (If doing any job)
- Notice of Assessment (Tax receipts) if have
- Offer letter
- Fee Receipts
- Student ID (College)
- Transcripts & Proof of Registration from College
- Enrolment letter (Current)
- Cover Letter (Your marriage story)
The documents required from the spouse in India are:
- Cover Letter (Marriage Story)
- Digital Photograph
- Funds (Bank statement of 6 months) with bank stamp
- Balance Certificate from a bank with stamp
- Educational Certificates and Transcripts
- CA evaluation report
List of documents required to give your wedding proof:
- Photos of wedding rituals
- Marriage Certificate
- Wedding Invitation Cards (both sides)
- Joint Bank A/C
- ID proofs with husband/wife name
How to Apply?
Following are the steps you need to follow to apply for the spouse visa:
- Login into your IRCC account through your GCkey, User ID and Password.
- Click on ‘Apply for Visitor Visa or Study/Work Permit’.
- Fill out the online application form and gather your supporting documents.
- Pay their application fee and print a receipt for this payment.
Processing Time for Spouse Visa
The average processing time for Spouse Visa is 12 months. However, it may vary from case to case. Some factors affect the processing time for your application like:
- Documents provided in your application.
- Number of Applications received.
What are the possible reasons for delay in Spouse Visa?
- There are chances that your application looks suspicious. Authorities may doubt your marriage because of the reasons like bank account opened only a few days before the application was filed.
- You may not have submitted proper documents and the authorities may find some documents missing.
- Some small errors while submitting the documents can delay the visa process for example while translating the marriage certificate the translator has not declared the translation is accurate.
The process of a spouse visa is quite complex and tricky as authorities need to check a large number of documents. So, there can be delays sometimes.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking for a licensed ICCRC Immigration consultant to handle and represent your application.
We hope you like our article on the Spouse Visa Document Requirements for Canada Immigration 2022. In case you have any queries related to the immigration process to Canada, please feel free to contact us. Our best immigration lawyers in Canada will assess your profile and give you the best suitable options.