1.8 million Canada Immigration Application delayed processing by IRCC: The IRCC Offices (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) immigration applications backlog is nearing 1.8 million. Data collected from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) shows the following number of applications at the IRCC inventory as of October 27, 2021 (numbers are rounded):
- 548,000 Permanent residence (corporate, family, refugee) application and humanitarian class application
- 776,000 applications for Temporary residence permits (temporary residence visa, work permit, visitor extension application, and study permit)
- 468,000 Applications for Canadian citizenship (as of October 26)
- 1,792,000 Total inventory application
Canada Immigration Application current status
IRCC figures show that since July the backlog has increased nearly by the figure 350,000.
In August, as reported by Toronto Star’s Nicholas Kyon that as of July 6, 2021, approximately the unprocessed portion was
- 375,000 permanent residence applications,
- 703,000 temporary residence applications,
- 370,000 Canadian citizenship applications. (Stars reported that this number does not include Canadian citizenship applications that are at the IRCC Post Office and have their status pending.)
- 1,448,000 applications in stock
In an email to a news channel, an IRCC spokesperson explained: “International travel restrictions, border restrictions, capacity limitations to operate overseas and the inability of customers to obtain documents due to The effects of COVID19 have created a barrier to ongoing treatment. This interferes with IRCC’s ability to complete requests, creating delays beyond IRCC’s control.
At the same time, the spokesperson acknowledged the challenges faced by the applicants. He said, “Despite their best efforts, they know that some applicants still have a considerable amount of waiting time to process their application and will continue to strive as much as possible to reduce undesirable processing.” We appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you to Canada.
The IRCC also shared data on the number of Canada Immigration Application processed during the pandemic.
- permanent residence applications processed between January and September 2021 is 337,000 while In 2020, approximately 214,000 applications were processed.
- temporary stay applications were processed between January and September 2021 is 1,500,000. Approximately 1,700,000 applications in 2020.
- for Canadian citizenship got processed between January and September 2021, 134,000 applications . By comparison, approximately 80,000 applications got processed in 2020.
To overview the backlog data of permanent and temporary residence permit programs refer to the table providing details below:
Permanent Residence Applications, as of October 27, 2021
Temporary Residence Applications (Including Extensions), as of October 27, 2021
Source: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Contact email@example.com if you are looking for a licensed ICCRC Immigration consultant to handle and represent your application.
We hope you like our article on the 1.8 million Canada Immigration Application delayed processing by IRCC Application. In case you have any queries related to the immigration process to Canada, please feel free to contact us. Our best immigration lawyers in Canada will assess your profile and give you the best suitable options.