Canada Border Reopening Policies for fully vaccinated tourists: An announcement related to reopening of Canada’s border has been made by the authorities. Taking into consideration, that the COVID situation is under control, Canada will be allowing the U.S. citizen and PR status residents coming from US from August 9, 2021. Also, a point was added that the hotel quarantine requirement for all travelers will be lift off. Additionally, the Canada Border will resume allowing fully vaccinated travelers from all countries starting from September, 7 2021. On-Arrival and day Eight Testing is now not required for fully vaccinated travelers, however a random test might be asked at the border by facilities.
Canada Border Reopening Policies
Canada’s Border Resuming next phase will start in August for tourists from U.S. and September from all other countries. Below are the Canada Border Reopening Policies are been announced under Border Reopening Program:
- Fully vaccinated U.S. tourists can enter Canada beginning from August 9
- Hotel quarantine policy will end on August 9
- Fully vaccinated children of Canadians, and other exempt travelers to have amended quarantine starting August 9
- Fully vaccinated tourists from all countries can enter September 7
- India flight ban extended to August 21
- More airports accepting international flights
Travelers needs to follow certain conditions in order to be considered as fully vaccinated travelers. All people visiting Canada must undergo pre and post arrival test to ensure that even the fully vaccinated travelers are not having any Covid related symptoms. Also, they needs to submit all documents/information to ArriveCAN to prove that they are fully vaccinated.
Below are the factors that you must need to consider before travelling to Canada:
- Positive tested travelers after getting recovered from COVID-19 must provide the test result taken between 14-90 days before getting departed.
- Borders are only opened for approved permanent candidates, while it will remain close to non essential residents until 21st July (further notice).
- Travel restriction will remain intact to those who have not taken a full dose of vaccines that are being approved.
- Temporary Foreign Workers, international students to approved institutions are allowed to travel to Canada.
- Travelling based on compassionate reasons such as funeral are also allowed by Canada.
Measures for Unvaccinated Children
- Canada will update the rules for children under age 12 who are not eligible for a vaccine.
- Full 14-day Quarantine will not be mandatory for the unvaccinated dependents of fully vaccinated travelers. Instead, they will have to follow public health measures for that amount of time.
- Beginning from September 2021, they will still be subject to all entry and testing requirements, including on-arrival and day eight testing. This includes those travelling from the U.S. for discretionary purposes.
- Officials also said that come September, when tourists from all countries are allowed to enter, these measures will apply to their unvaccinated children as well.
After coming to Canada, for 2-weeks duration children needs to avoid group settings such as daycare and school.
Testing Requirements during Canada Border Reopening Policies
Beginning August 9, Canadian residents and perpetual occupants making a trip to the U.S. for under 72 hours can do their pre-passage appearance test in Canada. Which means, they don’t need to require a second test in the U.S. to be permitted back in.
The individuals who have recuperated from COVID-19 however keep on testing positive can introduce their test taken between 14 to 180 days preceding appearance. Previously, it was only 90 days.
Completely inoculated explorers won’t require a post-appearance test except if they have been haphazardly chosen for an on-appearance test.
There are no progressions to compulsory testing prerequisites for unvaccinated explorers. Unvaccinated explorers will in any case need to go through on-appearance and day-eight testing.
Contact email@example.com if you are looking for a licensed ICCRC Immigration consultant to handle and represent your application.
We hope you like our article on the Canada Border Reopening Policies for fully vaccinated tourists. Moreover, In case you have any queries related to the immigration process to Canada, please feel free to contact us. Our best immigration lawyers in Canada will assess your profile and give you the best suitable options.