Family Sponsorship Program: How to Sponsor your spouse from Pakistan: Reuniting the family is one of the pillars of Canada’s immigration system. And one of the main means of achieving this goal is to take advantage of a family-class immigration program that allows well-established Canadians who have recently immigrated to reunite with their families. Canada wants to welcome about 80,000 immigrants into Family Sponsorship Program category each year.
Overview of Family Sponsorship Program Process
Canadian citizens or permanent residents can assist in the permanent residence of a Pakistani spouse or cohabitant. Reuniting the family is one of the pillars of Canada’s immigration system. One of the main means of achieving this goal is to take advantage of a family-class immigration program that allows well-established Canadians who have recently immigrated to reunite with their families. Canada wants to welcome about 80,000 immigrants into this category each year.
If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, married to a Pakistani, or have lived with you for a year, you can sponsor permanent residence in Canada.
A PR in Canada will give Pakistani spouses access to living, studying, working, health, and social services in Canada.
What makes you eligible to sponsor your spouse
To qualify for family sponsorship in Canada, you and your spouse or partner must meet certain requirements.
- The first thing to observe is the age limit for sponsors who must be at least 18 years old.
- Second, you must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or registered as an Indian under Canadian Indian Law.
- In addition, Canadian citizens currently residing abroad must submit to the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizens of Canada (IRCC) evidence that they intend to live in Canada with their spouse after becoming a permanent resident.
- Residents Individuals wishing to sponsor a loved one must be residents in Canada at the time of filing the sponsorship application.
- There are no minimum financial requirements to sponsor a spouse. But you must prove that you have plans to financially support yourself and your family, including those you sponsor. To do this, indicate that you have enough income, savings, or assets to support all members of the family unit.
- It is also important to note that people with social support are not eligible to support their families under Canadian immigration law unless the cause is a disability.
- The sponsored spouse must also be 18 years of age or older and have passed background, safety, and health checks.
- People who have been convicted of criminal charges are generally not allowed to enter Canada, but there are ways to overcome criminal denials.
All You need to know about Sponsorship to Canada
One of the most important steps to becoming a spouse’s sponsor to Canada is to provide the necessary documentation to prove that your relationship with the sponsor is genuine.
If you are married, you will need to submit required documents such as a marriage certificate. Marriage legally signed in Pakistan is also generally valid in Canada. If you live in a partnership instead of a marriage certificate, you will need to provide a 12-month partnership certificate.
If the support documents are in a language other than English or French, you will need to provide a translation of these documents. These translations must be certified and meet IRCC requirements.
The family sponsorship process involves submitting two applications to IRCC: an application for sponsorship and an application for permanent residence. IRCC requires that you submit both requests at the same time.
You need to make sure that you send your request to the correct address. You will find this information in the funding guide, which you can download from the government website.
Respondents living in Quebec will also have to meet eligibility criteria at the provincial level.
Immigrant applications are subject to a fee upon application.
It takes about 12 months on average for IRCC to process a grant application.
Vlink provides you with the best immigration lawyers in Edmonton.
Contact email@example.com if you are looking for a licensed ICCRC Immigration consultant to handle and represent your application.
We hope you like our article on Family Sponsorship Program: How to Sponsor your spouse from Pakistan. In case you have any queries related to the immigration process to Canada, please feel free to contact us. Our best immigration lawyers in Canada will assess your profile and give you the best suitable options.