Guide to Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) Extensions and Alternatives by VLink Immigration: In Canada’s dynamic landscape of international students, the Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) acts as a gateway to valuable post-graduate work experiences. VLink Immigration offers a comprehensive guide for those facing uncertainties about eligibility for permit extensions. The guide delves into potential criteria for extensions and actively explores alternative pathways accessible to PGWP holders. Our aim is to provide clarity and support to navigate the intricate process of extending your stay in Canada post-graduation.
Understanding PGWP Validity:
At VLink Immigration, we recognize that the heartbeat of a PGWP lies in the duration of the completed academic program. Our expert advisors understand the intricacies of the process. For programs spanning eight months to two years, the permit mirrors the program’s length. Beyond two years, the PGWP extensions is up to a maximum of three years. Notably, students completing multiple eligible programs at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) can leverage our expertise to combine program lengths for an extended PGWP validity.
Eligibility for Extension:
1. PGWP holders with expiring passports:
- Our experienced team at VLink Immigration is ready to guide you through the specific eligibility criteria.
- We recommend including pertinent information in the letter of explanation during the extension application process.
2. Temporary PGWP Extension Policy (effective April 6, 2023):
- Stay informed with VLink Immigration. PGWP holders facing expiration in 2023 or those whose permits lapsed between September 20, 2021, and December 31, 2022, can benefit from a temporary policy by IRCC.
- Our experts can assist eligible individuals residing in Canada in applying for an open work permit.
- For applicants outside Canada, our team ensures a seamless application process for a regular work permit, indicating their application under the temporary policy.
- We understand the nuances of extension validity, ensuring a seamless process for up to 18 months or until passport expiry, whichever occurs first.
Latest Immigration Articles:
- BLS International reports that India has temporarily stopped providing visa services in Canada
- India Suspends Visa Services in Canada: Implications for Travelers and Immigrants
- Navigating the Path to Canadian Permanent Residency: PNP Programs Without a Job Offer
Options if Extension is Not Feasible:
1. Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa – TRV):
- VLink Immigration provides insights into securing admission to Canada as a visitor for a maximum of six months through a Visitor Visa. This can be issued as either a single-entry or multi-entry visa.
2. Visitor Record:
- Our expert advisors assist eligible individuals in applying for a Visitor Record, ensuring submissions are made at least 30 days before the current status, including PGWP expiration, expires.
3. Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP):
- As a leading immigration consultancy, VLink Immigration provides guidance for PGWP holders awaiting a decision on their Permanent Residence (PR) application. Eligibility mandates an active PR application, and our team is here to support you through the process.
4. Other Work Permit Options:
- VLink Immigration explores alternative work permit options based on specific eligibility criteria, providing invaluable insights into exemptions from Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) requirements.
Contact VLink Immigration:
For the latest updates and comprehensive information on PGWP and related immigration policies, reach out to VLink Immigration. Our team is devoted to offering personalized guidance and support. You will receive assistance as you navigate the complexities of extending your stay in Canada. We prioritize informed decision-making, utilizing our expertise. This approach ensures that international graduates confidently explore available options. These options are carefully aligned with their personal goals and circumstances. Your journey to an extended stay in Canada starts with VLink Immigration.