How To Apply For Parents Sponsorship program Canada and its Eligibility Criteria: Every year, a large number of people immigrate to Canada. And they move to Canada on different visas like student visas, work visas, and permanent residences. So, after completing certain requirements they are eligible to sponsor their parents for Canadian permanent residency. If you meet all the requirements, you can apply application for sponsorship of your parents. Moreover, there is some application fee and processing time that we will discuss further in the post.
Eligibility Criteria for Parents Sponsorship
As mentioned above, there are some requirements that need to be fulfilled to apply for sponsorship. So, you can only sponsor their parents or grandparents if:
- you’re invited to apply
- you’re 18 years old or more
- you live in Canada
- you’re a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident
- you have enough money to support your parents (proof of income is required)
- you fulfill other requirements under Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
However, applicants must note that if they live in Quebec, the sponsorship rules are different. Then they need to meet the requirements under Quebec’s Immigration Sponsorship Requirements.
And, if you are not able to complete any one of the requirements mentioned above, you are not eligible to sponsor your parents to Canada. In addition, you cannot apply for sponsorship if:
- you are in prison
- you didn’t pay an immigration loan and payments like child support.
- you are not providing financial support to sponsor someone that you agreed to provide earlier
- you are convicted of a criminal offense
- you can’t legally stay in Canada
Latest articles about Immigration
- Sponsor your family members for Canadian immigration
- When will Canadian Parents & Grandparents Sponsorships Open in 2022?
- How to apply for family class sponsorship program | Immigration to Canada
- Minimum Income to Sponsor Parents: Canadian Immigration
How to Apply for Parents Sponsorship Program
Once you receive an Invitation to Apply, you need to submit your sponsorship application. For this, you need to submit two applications:
- you apply to become a sponsor
- your parents apply for permanent residence
Moreover, this should be noted that both these applications need to be submitted online at the same time. For instance, in 2022 only those applicants received an invitation to apply who submitted an interest to sponsor form in 2020.
So, the four steps involved in the process of applying for parent’s sponsorship to Canada are:
- Receive an Invitation to Apply by submitting an interest to sponsor form.
- Apply Online.
- Pay your sponsorship application fees.
- Submit your application online.
Processing Time for Parents Sponsorship Canada 2023
After submitting your application, it can take up to 38 months to process your application. And, if you don’t want any delays in your application, it is very important to keep your information updated. So, if there are any changes in your contact information or any other thing you can inform IRCC by using their web form.
If you want to know more about sponsorship program CLICK HERE.
VLINK Immigration delivers the best immigration lawyers in Edmonton and Canada.
Schedule an appointment with us HERE if you need a licensed ICCRC Immigration Consultant to represent your application and streamline your path to Canada
We hope that you found this article about How To Apply for Parents Sponsorship Canada | Eligibility Criteria informational. If in case you have questions/queries related to any immigration program to Canada, please schedule an appointment with us. Our best immigration lawyers from VLink Immigration Canada will validate the profile as per the Immigration Program which is best suitable for you.