Alberta’s new expedited immigration program through Express Entry 2022: Alberta’s immigration minister, Tyler Shandro, announced the Accelerated Tech Pathway on January 13. The province had already begun accepting applications to the new program in December. In order to be eligible, tech professionals need to have a profile in the federal government’s Express Entry system and be eligible for the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program for Tech Worker
Under this new pathway, tech professionals from across Canada and overseas can become permanent residents .The processing time will take as little as six months if they need employment offers in an in-demand tech industry occupation. Along with priority application processing, tech professionals who want to be permanent residents in Canada need to have a letter of support from the Alberta government if they require a work permit.
Alberta is the hub as many as 3,000 technology companies , according to the Alberta Enterprise Corporation. The tech hub of Alberta is growing rapidly and has grown 233% since 2012.
These are the steps to applying for the Accelerated Tech Pathway
1. Get a profile in the Express Entry system
The first step is to urge into the Express Entry pool of candidates. You wish to be eligible for one in every of the subsequent three immigration programs:
- the Canadian Experience Class
- the Federal worker Program
- the Federal Skilled Trades program to apply for the Accelerated Tech Pathway, you fill out an online form for the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP). Through the way, you send information about your Express Entry profile and your tech job in Alberta. In order to be eligible for the tech pathway, Express Entry candidates are required to have an employment offer or be currently working for an Alberta-based company in an eligible occupation. The 23 eligible occupations are listed below so as of their National Occupational Classification (NOC) code:
- 0013 Senior managers – financial, communications, and other business services
- 0112 Human resources managers
- 0131 Telecommunication carriers manager
- 0211 Engineering managers
- 0212 Architecture and science managers
- 0213 Computer and information systems managers
- 0512 Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts
- 0601 Corporate sales managers
- 1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations
- 1121 Human resources professionals
- 1223 Human resources and recruitment officers
- 2131 Civil engineers
- 2132 Mechanical engineers
- 2133 Electrical and electronics engineers
- 2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- 2161 Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries
- 2171 Information systems analysts and consultants
- 2172 Database analysts and data administrators
- 2173 Software engineers and designers
- 2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- 2175 Web designers and developers
- 2221 Biological technologists and technicians
- 2232 Mechanical engineering technologists and technicians
2. Eligibility Criteria for AINP
The AINP checks that you simply meet the minimum eligibility criteria for the Alberta Express Entry Stream. If so, the AINP will send you an email inviting you to use for a provincial nomination. you can’t apply without this invitation, and you can’t use a nomination under a unique AINP stream to apply.
On applying , the potential candidate receive the e-mail invitation from Alberta. If the AINP discovers fraud or misrepresentation in an application, they might ban you from reapplying for up to 5 years.
Completed applications move into a pool of eligible applications. The AINP considers these applications for a provincial nomination.
If Alberta offers you a nomination you’ve got 30 days to simply accept using your online Express Entry profile. you may then get 600 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points added to your Express Entry score.
The nomination doesn’t guarantee that you just will become a permanent resident, but it does boost you to the highest of the Express Entry pool. You will get to apply for permanent residence once the federal government, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), sends you an Invitation to Apply (ITA) in an Express Entry draw.
Vlink provides you with the best immigration lawyers in Edmonton.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking for a licensed ICCRC Immigration consultant to handle and represent your application.
We hope you like our article on Family Sponsorship Program: How to Sponsor your spouse from Pakistan. In case you have any queries related to the immigration process to Canada, please feel free to contact us. Our best immigration lawyers in Canada will assess your profile and give you the best suitable options.