What Is Agri-Food Pilot Program In Canada | Immigration Program: Canada is the most popular country among immigrants. And, every year a large number of people move to Canada and get permanent residency through different immigration programs. And Agri-Food Pilot is one such program. This program was introduced to fill labor shortages in the field of agriculture. So, a lot of foreign workers engaged in agricultural industries have the opportunity to grab Canadian permanent residency through Agri-Food Pilot Program. In this post, we will be discussing it in detail.
Agri-Food Pilot Program In Canada
In 2019, the Federal government decided to launch a program to tackle labor shortages in agriculture. So, a program named Agri-Food Pilot came into existence in early 2020. It is a three-year pilot. This program offers a permanent residency pathway to foreign workers working in the agriculture sector. Agriculture contributes a lot to the economy of a country. And the same goes for Canada. So, it becomes very important for a country to invest in this sector and engage as many as people possible in the agriculture industry. However, Canada has always faced labor issues. To solve this, Canada came up with Agri-Food Pilot that allows workers to work and live in Canada along with their families for as long as they want.
Moreover, talking about the figures, maximum of 2,750 applicants with their families are accepted every year. And this makes a total of 16,500 new permanent residents in the country through this program as it is a three-year pilot.
The agri-food pilot is a pathway to permanent residency. However, candidates need to fulfill the following requirements to apply for it.
- At least 12 months of full-time work experience in Canada in the Temporary Foreign Worker Program. And the work experience should be in an eligible occupation (processing meat products, raising livestock, or growing mushrooms or greenhouse crops).
- A minimum score of CLB 4 in English or French.
- A minimum of high-school education equivalent to Canadian education.
- A full-time job offer in Canada (outside Quebec).
Latest articles about Immigration
- Top 10 Nursing Schools In Canada For International Students
- What Is IEC Program And Its Impact On International Immigrants
- Documents For Significant Benefit Work Permit | LMIA Not Needed
- Truck Drivers Become Eligible For Express Entry As Under NOC 2021
LMIA for Employers
The employers (in the meat processing sector) who will participate in this pilot will be issued a two-year LMIA. LMIA is Labor Market Impact Assessment that allows Canadian employers to hire foreign workers. However, employers need to meet some requirements to get LMIA from the government.
Moreover, to be eligible for a two-year LMIA, employers need to mention how they are going to support temporary foreign workers to get Canadian permanent residency. Additionally, unionized meat processors will need a letter of support from their union and non-unionized employers need to fulfill other requirements to show that the labor market and migrant workers are protected.
Who can apply for the agri-food pilot?
Workers engaged in the following occupations are eligible under Agri-Food Immigration Pilot:
- meat processing (retail butcher, industrial butcher, food processing laborer)
- harvesting laborer for mushroom or greenhouse crop production
- general farm worker for mush or greenhouse production or livestock raising
- farm supervisor and specialized livestock worker
VLINK Immigration delivers the best immigration lawyers in Edmonton and Canada.
Schedule an appointment with us HERE if you need a licensed ICCRC Immigration Consultant to represent your application and streamline your path to Canada
We hope that you found this article about What Is Agri-Food Pilot Program In Canada | Immigration Program informational. If in case you have questions/queries related to any immigration program to Canada, please schedule an appointment with us. Our best immigration lawyers from VLink Immigration Canada will validate the profile as per the Immigration Program which is best suitable for you.
One Reply to “What Is Agri-Food Pilot Program In Canada and its eligibility criteria”
[…] What Is Agri-Food Pilot Program In Canada and its eligibility criteria […]