How FSWP is different from CEC: Express Entry Streams: Express Entry has three streams through which you can be invited FSWP, FSTP, and CEC. Out of all the three streams, CEC is given priority as candidates need not show any proof of funds to settle in Canada. The eligibility criteria for all three streams is different.
CEC pathway to Express Entry
CEC is a Canadian Experience Class that allows candidates with work experience of at least one year to permanently settle in Canada. If you have planned to settle in Canada,it is beneficial for you to get your PR through the CEC Express Entry. Below mentioned are the merits of CEC :
- CEC candidates have been already living in Canada for at least one year, which adds points to their CRS score.
- CEC candidate requires to submit very less documents so their application gets processed quickly.
- CEC candidates need not show any proof of funds to settle in Canada.
Eligibility Criteria for CEC Express Entry
To apply for CEC you need to fulfil the requirements mentioned below:
- You should meet the required language levels.
- You should have skilled work experience of 12 months in the skilled occupation classified under NOC (skill type 0, A or B).
- You should have the legal authority to work in Canada.
Candidates must note that volunteer work or unpaid internships do not count as work experience in the CEC Express Entry.
Basic Steps to Apply for CEC
- Get your Canadian work permit.
- Get work experience of 1 year in Canada.
- Check the eligibility criteria.
- Create an Express Entry profile.
- Get your CRS score calculated.
- Get an ITA.
- Submit the required documents.
Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW)
In contrast to CEC, it is a program for those who have foreign work experience and wish to move to Canada. For this candidate must meet the CRS score requirement based on the factors such as work experience, language ability, and education.
Eligibility Criteria for FSW Express Entry
- You should have skilled work experience recognized by the NOC (skill type 0, A or B) of at least one year
- Language ability test (minimum score of CLB 7 in each of four abilities).
- You must have a complete credential and Education Credential Assessment (ECA).
- You should have proof of funds to show that you can survive in Canada.
Processing time for FSW application
Once your Federal Skilled Worker Express Entry profile is in the pool, it will be valid in the pool for 12 months.
If you receive an invitation to apply (ITA), you have 60 days to submit all the documents to the Government of Canada for the inquiry. Once you are done with the document submission, it will take 6 months for Canadian authorities to review the documents and provide you with PR.
Vlink provides you with the best immigration lawyers in Edmonton.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are looking for a licensed ICCRC Immigration consultant to handle and represent your application.
We hope you like our article on How FSWP is different from CEC: Express Entry Streams. In case you have any queries related to the immigration process to Canada, please feel free to contact us. Our best immigration lawyers in Canada will assess your profile and give you the best suitable options.